Healthy Communities Program
The Healthy Communities Program serves children, young adults and pregnant women eligible for Health First Colorado or Colorado Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) programs at no cost to families.
Benefits and Services
About 100 Family Health Coordinators of the Healthy Communities Program provide outreach, navigation and health education, free of charge, to newly eligible members and families wanting to apply for coverage.
Family Health Coordinators assist with:
- Completing Medical Assistance Program Applications
- Navigating Health Care Systems of Care
- Understanding coverage and benefits
- Providing referrals to community resources and providers
- Educating families on enrollment/re-enrollment issues, preventing gaps in coverage, the benefits of developing a relationship with their primary care medical provider to lead a health neighborhood, appropriate use of medical services, and more.